Wanting votes? Who are they, Politicians?
Just to give you all a quick update, Tourism Queensland called for candidates to the BEST JOB IN THE WORLD.
What is the job?
Be a caretaker of the Great Barrier Reef for 6 months. Don’t just give up yet, it is a simple holiday and you also get paid for it (AUD $ 150,000). Who would mind such an offer? irresistible isn’t it?
Now what about it?
There were 50 people shortlisted for this position of a caretaker from about 34,000 applications. The best part of the whole deal is that, two of our own Indians are among the 50 people. This is a wild card event, which calls for voting. The person with the highest number of votes gets into the job along with 10 already chosen candidates. More information on voting can be found at “Voting for the shortlisted candidates“
Why should you vote?
- For one, we are talking about two Indians who are shortlisted to this event with worldwide participation.
- For the pride we would have post them joining this job. Of course only one among the two will be shortlisted (which depends solely on us)
- Our country is a billion (and 200 million) strong
- A candidate from Taiwan has over 127,000 votes, where as Kim and Anjaan have 638 and 2700 votes respectively. Don’t you think we need to show the world who we are?
- The contestants were to send a clip for the contest and the videos should communicate why they should be chosen for this job. Below are the videos of both the shortlisted contestants.
To vote for Kim – Click here
To vote for Anjaan – Click here
Let’s get together for this cause and for the pride of our nation
Points to note:
- A person can vote as many times, it is only restricted to one vote every 24 hrs
- Voting closes on the 24th March 2009, which gives us 10 votes each.
- Even if 100 people vote the next 10 days it will be about 10,000 votes