There are many ways to make money online and are broadly segregated into direct and indirect ways to make money from blogs. More on the monetization can be read at, blog monetization.
An affiliate program falls under the direct monetization method.
An affiliate is a person sending (referring) visitors to business owners for them to buy something they want. A referrer in simpler words, receives commission from the business owner if the person who was referred to the business purchases something from the business.
The process for anyone to be a web affiliate and make money though referrals is simple and can be put in 5 steps.
- Sign up with an affiliate program
- Place referral links or banners on the website and on news letters
- Visitors to the website click on these referral links
- Visitors interested in the products displayed buy the products
- The affiliate is paid a commission on any sales made to that visitor.
There are a lot of affiliate programs available on the internet and off it. Since we are bloggers and website owners we would be interested in affiliate programs best suited for us.
Listed below are a few affiliate programs, have a look at these programs and sign up for the one which suits your blog best.
There sure is more to it than just signing up for an affiliate program and making money from it. There are things like,
- choosing the affiliate program
- signing up for the program
- Optimizing the program to earn money
- enhancing the earning potential from the program, etc
All these would be covered in the articles to come on Unoblogger. Please revisit to ensure not losing on valuable information.